Part 1: Principles, Assent and Escape Extinction, Oh My!
In this first part of Behavior Analysis course 1, Robert shares with participants his take on the important basic behavioral principles that control the development of our relationships.
- The A-B-C Paradigm
- Antecedents (SD, MO, Prompts)
- Consequences (Reinforcement, Punishment, Extinction)
- Escape Extinction and Assent
- The alternate procedural recommendations of The 7 Steps
Part 2: The Steps and the Data
In this second part of Behavior Analysis Course 1, Robert teaches participants everything they will need to know to be able to implement “The 7 Steps to Earning Instructional Control” in home, clinic, school or community settings.
- Step 1 – How and why you need to take control over known reinforcers
- Step 2 – What is pairing with reinforcement and why is it crucial to your relationships?
- Step 3 – The best way to choose “what”, “when” and “how” to give instructions
- Step 4 – Creating cooperation through positive reinforcement while avoiding the use of negative reinforcement.
- Step 5 – How you can grow and expand your program as you continue to use it
- Step 6 – Understanding Prioritization in your programing
- Prioritizing reinforcement
- Prioritizing Instruction
- Step 7 – How to avoid reinforcing unexpected or less valuable behavior
- Using Extinction
- Using Mini-Consequences
- Creating Opportunity Cost
- Giving the child a “Way Out”